Follow my blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Nepal Spice Kitchen and Hansen Fest

I'll admit that I really want to like eating off base here, but honestly don't love it that much.  I want to be an adventurous eater, but just struggle finding things I really like.  However, since we've been in Okinawa we've discovered that Reagan likes curry, and more importantly LOVES Naan bread.  A few weeks ago Brandon had eaten at Nepal Spice kitchen with some friends and wanted to take us back for the bread since they make it from scratch.   A side note, we eat early, so the place was empty when we got there, but was filling up when we left.



Reagan took over the camera for some scenery shots.




Here's Reagan's meal, Samosas.
 Brandon had a combo with lamb and then chicken curry.

Brock and I planned to share the vegetable curry, but it was a bit spicy for him.  


Later in the weekend we went to a festival on Camp Hansen.   Below are a few pictures, it was HOT, so we didn't stay too long.









2 comments:

  1. I can relate to liking naan because for more than 30 years I have lived next door to my adopted Indian family. They moved into an apartment across from me when their twin girls were not quite 5. Now they are 38; they consider me as grandma, and now their kids, 9, 7, and twin 3s also consider me as grandma. We bought a duplex together in 1983, and when we needed bigger accommodations, in 1986 we bought a property with two houses on it -- a bigger one in front and a beautiful small one in the back for me. We have a wonderful relationship. And as I have become older (92 in Dec.), I am the revered matriarch! It's lovely. They are strict vegetarians and through the years I have been exposed to, and love, their food. Nepalese and Indian foods are very similar. Bhanu (the one who considers me her mother) takes wonderful care of me. She makes the food less hot, especially for me, and lately has been feeding me at least one meal nearly every day. I don't know what I have done to be so pampered but am most grateful. The girls and their families now live in Silicon Valley, both husbands computer engineers, and I miss them like crazy. But they do come back often so I can get my "fix" with the grands. Incidentally , including my blood family, I have 14 great grands and another due in October. This is all probably more that you want to know, but couldn't resist the comment about the food.
    Enjoy your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary,

    It sounds like you have a very special family in your life. I'm sure they value you as an extra mom/grandma as much as you love being with them.

    I'm so glad you enjoy the blog. It's been fun for me to review our last year here in photos and stories too.

    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete