Follow my blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Reagan's 9th birthday



On Feb. 1, Reagan turned 9.  This year her birthday fell on a Friday, so she opted to go eat Mexican and then have ice cream at Big Dip, this local place we haven't tried yet.   Reagan is my homebody, the minute she finds out we aren't leaving the house, she gets her pajamas on.  In this case, the pajamas are 3 years old and much too small, but they are favorites.  The sleeves started out long, I imagine they will be short sleeves before she lets me pass this set on.  







This is a Pokeball cake for all you non-Pokemon people.  Pokemon....agh!  What can I say about it, Reagan loves it, but we don't understand a thing about it.  


Trying out the new hat Grandma Donna got her.  Reagan refers to this has as her "Team Rockets" hat....I have no idea why.


On Saturday, we took 2 of her friends to a place called Round 1.  It is a 6 or 7 story building with different sports things on each floor.  It was pretty amazing, they had rollerskating, mini bike racing, soccer, basketball, tennis, golf, boxing, pinpong, archery, basically anything you can think of.  Here's Brandon trying to hit some tennis balls while the girls were skating.  


Reagan and her friend rollerskating.

Reagan and Brandon playing pingpong

They also had an arcade.  In this game the girls were angry brides and had to flip the table in front of them.  Reagan placed in the top 10.  Her table flip was so dramatic it even shook the pretend chandeliers.  Japanese games are funny.

Playing tennis

3 comments:

  1. You didn't know that Scott Marler gave me your blog address, but hope you don't mind. I am interested in all the different places in the world that I have not, and never will, see in person. My brother was in Korea so that part of the world intrigues me greatly. I know nothing is ideal but I think it is wonderful that you are having the experience of seeing and joining a totally new environment and people. And it appears that you are truly taking advantage of the opportunity. Good on you!!

    I am Scott's great aunt Rosemary. I live in Temple City CA. When he was in Irvine It was really the first time we had to get acquainted and I fell in love with him and his family. Tho we didn't see each other that often in the single space of a year, now that they are gone I really miss them.

    I check your blog every few days and enjoy it very much. Happy birthday to both children, and best wishes to all of you.

    Aunt Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary,

    Thank you so much for your comments. I love that Scott shared the blog with you and that you are enjoying it. I read Okinawa blogs constantly before we moved over here so that we would know what to expect, and have enjoyed writing this one more than I expected.

    I'm sure you miss Scott and his family not living out in Southern California anymore. We were stationed in San Diego once and would love to go back!

    thanks again for your comments, I really appreciate hearing from you.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legal! Ah e aquele chapéu se parece com os usados pelos bandidos da Equipe Rocket!

    ReplyDelete