Follow my blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Thai in the sky

 After our journey to the Peace Park, we decided to try a restaurant we've heard lots about, Thai in the Sky.   We had about a 10 minute wait and felt very fortunate, as we had read that many people have waited over an hour for a table.  We were seated inside, but they did have outdoor tables.  

Brandon got "Pat tai"  I think we normally see it as Pad Thai at American Thai restaurants.  I chose pineapple fried rice.  I know, not very adventurous, but I was planning on feeding some of my meal to Brock and didn't want anything too spicy.  Reagan chose the kids meal.  We were proud of her for going out on a limb to try it, since there was no indication on the menu what was included in it.  Plus, if you know Reagan, she's not a super adventurous eater.  So, below is my Pineapple fried rice....with shrimp.  Ugh!  If you know me, you'll know that I don't eat anything from the sea.  There isn't a fish or crustacean out there that I like, so my rice was shrimpy tasting.  Brock liked it, so that was lucky.  

Below is Reagan's meal.  I'll try to identify what we think the items were.  In the bottom left corner was rice and curry, then the little bowl was a soup of some sort.  We thought the white chunks were potatoes, but they weren't and we weren't sure what they really were.  Above the soup were a few french fries with the ketchup already applied.  About that were 2 sushi roll looking things with ketchup on top.  These were strange.  The outside was yellow and fatty looking and there was something green on the inside.  Reagan wasn't having it, so Brandon tried them.  When Brandon visibly chews and has to "wash" something down, you know it's not good.  He has no idea what it was, as he couldn't identify any of the flavors except the ketchup.  There was also a deep fried shrimp nugget a small salad and the little cup, was a dessert, which she liked.  


After lunch, we went outside to check out the view.








I zoomed in all the way with the camera to check this place out.  Can you imagine being right on the sea like that?  Amazing house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment