Follow my blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sea life and Gala

The weekend before last, we decided to stick closer to home and ventured out on Sunday afternoon to Gala, which is a salt factory.  The reviews online were good, and while Reagan and Brandon didn't think it would be fun watching salt dry,  I drug them along anyway.  Well, I hate being wrong....the main factory area was closed, so it wasn't that exciting.  They did have some crafters working and here is a shot of the glass blowing area.  



I told you that I was going to do the peace sign in all my pictures... 


They did have a nice gift shop and ice cream parlor that featured Salt Carmel ice.  Brandon and I shared that and Reagan had something else.  I know she liked her flavor, even though it doesn't look like it below.


The hidden gem of the day was Sea Life, which was across the street from Gala.  Apparently they regrow and replant sea life off the coast of Okinawa.  They had small breeding areas with different cultures they were growing, which was interesting.  Plus, the view was pretty nice.

We had to walk down a steep path to their beachfront property. Along the way, we spotted this very elaborate grave with a view.  Graves like this, are all over the place, along side main roads and hidden in out of the way areas.  I need to do more research about them to find out their story.  



Sea life exhibits


They had an area that allowed you to touch certain things.  The nice Japanese lady showed Reagan how to pick seaweed and feed it to the other fish that were in the tanks.  


Reagan with the sea cucumbers - gross!


Brandon and Brock hanging out the in shade.  

This was next door to SeaLife's beach.  



You could walk out to the end, but it was hotter than we expected and we were all sort of over it and decided to skip this.   

 This was on the pamphlet we received at Sea Life.  I appreciate English anytime we can get it, but I love the things that get "lost" in translation.  



Random Brock photo - he's wearing a baby tool belt, although it's not easy to see.  



1 comment:

  1. I was looking up information on Sea Life since we will be at Gala today and what post should I come across but yours! It made me smile to see your family since you are no longer here. I hope all is well.
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete